We do not spam our subscribers. I despise spam and irrelevant content. Fido Loves does have a newsletter which goes out only when there is something weel worth the attention of dog owners. In the future we may add coupons from local dog related businesses and mention of products we have reviewed on Fido Loves that other dog owners might be interested in.
Let me be clear: I may make money through the free content published on fidoloves.com. This website started as a personal project to keep me up to date on how website design, SEO and creating niche content was evolving. Promoting the dog community and helping it grow is important to me. However, the server bills have been steadily growing as more and more people discover Fido Loves. In addition to off-setting server costs, income from the website allows me to create better content and justify the incredible amount of time it takes to research and create unique articles and reviews.
In order to comply with the FTC ruling for bloggers, and other affiliate programs here is the Fido Loves disclosure policy.
It is safe to assume that:
- All content has a financial impact of some form.
- Content may be used to promote products, services, and affiliate businesses.
- I never promote or endorse a product or service that does not create high value for my readers.
- Any products that I receive for free of charge and at no personal cost to myself will be disclosed in the related article. Otherwise, we have purchased the product or service ourselves.
- Every contest and/or giveaway is paid by myself, unless otherwise stated.
- I cannot guarantee that my review of a product, service, or business will be “positive” in nature; I promise to provide a fair and valuable assessment and review to my readers first and foremost.
- I retain the right to provide select advertising and sponsorship across this blog property for the right partners and businesses that are relevant to Fido Loves visitors.
- I do not write reviews for products that I have not used myself or had experience using.
- I may promote affiliate partner businesses that are relevant to my readers. I will not necessarily note the use of an affiliate link every time.
I want to personally thank you (my readers) for your support and encouragement as we all seek to make our efforts and time spent on, through, and with our blogs a bit more profitable for everyone involved!
While we take an amazing amount of time to thoroughly research the information presented in article featured on Fido Loves. Mistakes may have been made or rules may have changed regarding the places, events or objects we visit or use. It is up to the individual Fido Loves reader or visitor to verify for themselves if an article is currently accurate.
On many articles you have the ability to comment and share your thoughts. Fido Loves encourages positive and constructive conversation by real people. If you have something of value or just would like to say thanks, good job, and appreciate the hard work we do, please leave a related comment.
Unfortunately, there are people who simply tear down the work of others without contributing to the conversation. Typically, these comments are hateful, snarky and are posted under anonymous nicknames. These comments that have no value are simply deleted, just as spam is deleted. Any threats to the well being of others is taken seriously, a copy with the associated IP address is immediately forwarded to the authorities. I have little patience for hateful people.
All written content and photographic content has been copyrighted. We regularly run reverse text and image searches to find stolen content. Excerpts from articles may be used with a link back to the original article. Images may be used for non-commercial use as long as watermarks remain and a photographer’s credit ” Photograph by Jay Stebbins” or “Photography by Fido Loves” with an active link is included. Hot linking of photography is not permitted and can be embarrassing for those who steal content and bandwidth. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jay Stebbins or just let me know what you would like to do. I do make my living through photography.